20 Ways to Use Apple Cider Vingear
For hundreds of years people have been using natural apple cider vinegar as both a food and a medicine. Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, and the guy who said “let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”, along with many others, have used vinegar and vinegar mixed with honey, as a healing elixir as well as an energizing tonic since 400BC.
But apple cider vinegar is not just for consuming, there are many many ways to use this amazing vinegar in your every day routine.
There is one thing you should be aware of before you purchase your bottle of ACV. Not all apple cider vinegar brands are the same. There are many commercial brands that have been pasteurized, filtered, refined or distilled in order to make the product look good. Unfortunately, this destroys much of the health benefits that ACV provides. The best type of ACV to purchase is one that has been cold pressed, made from organic apples, is not pasteurized and most important contains the “mother of vinegar”. You’ll see this displayed on the front of the bottle usually as “with The Mother”. The “mother of vinegar” is a natural gelatinous substance formed during the last fermentation step. ACV undergoes two fermentation processes where it produces enzymes, bacteria and life giving nutrients that make apple cider vinegar the powerhouse it is.
- Fruit and vegetable wash – add a tsp of ACV to a bowl of water with your veggies and let soak for at least 5 min.
- Salad dressing – mix with olive oil, add a little salt and pepper and you’ve got a quick, easy and health salad dressing.
Health & Beauty
- Use it on your hair and scalp. 1/4 cup of ACV mixed with 2 cups of water used as a rinse after you shampoo and condition closes the hairs cuticle, adds shine, clarifies the hair and scalp and helps with the pH balance of the scalp.
- Skin toner for blemishes – 3 parts water to 1 part ACV
- 1 tablespoon of ACV mixed in 4 ounces of purified water after a meal has been used as a natural remedy for heartburn and as a replacement for toxic heartburn medications.
- Aids digestion
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps to break down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them. For this reason, many diets include ACV in the regimen.
- Helps control weight
- Detox with it. Again, adding 2 tablespoons ACV to 8 oz. of water and drinking it can remove excess toxins and sludge. It’s best to drink it in the morning before you eat or drink anything.
- Soothe sunburns or muscle pains. Add a few cups of ACV to your bath water.
- Helps to lower high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Used to ease arthritis, stiff joints, and gout.
- Soak away aching muscles. If you’ve pulled a tendon or are just feeling rundown, add 2 cups apple cider vinegar to your bathwater. Mixing peppermint in makes it even fresher.
- Get rid of age or sun spots. Pour full-strength apple cider vinegar onto a cotton ball and apply it to the spots for 10 minutes at least twice a day, and you should see the spots fade or disappear within a few weeks.
Home & Garden
- Use it to wash windows and leave a streak free shine and clean scent
- Fruit fly solution – put half a cup of apple cider vinegar in a glass jar. Place Saran Wrap over the top of a jar, put a rubber band/tape around it to make it tight. Take a toothpick and pock six small holes in the saran wrap. Place in the area you’re having the problem.
- Great to use with baking soda to remove stubborn stains on pots and pans.
- Order remover – fill a small bowl or saucer with apple cider vinegar and placing it in the room where the odor is…. within a few days your room will smell fresh and clean.
- Jewelry cleaner – add a little baking soda and scrum mixture with a tooth brush to make your jewels shine!
- Rub apple cider vinegar onto your pet’s skin. Add a little bit of apple cider vinegar to their water. Spray apple cider vinegar, diluted 50 percent with water, onto your pets and onto your furniture to repel the presence of fleas.