In asthma, there is a common airways obstruction, which ends up in coughing, wheezing, hard to breathe and sleep disorders. In susceptible men and women, asthmatic reactions may be triggered by particular stimuli, such as workout, cold air, and also allergens, including plant pollen, animal dander, and dirt mites. Stress and anxiety also can trigger asthma attack. Sometimes, this condition can be terminal and should be handled accordingly. Natural remedies regarding asthma can help to reduce the extent and frequency connected with attacks.
The natural way to help remedy asthma consists of stimulating your functioning of slack excretory body parts, adopting appropriate diet plan patterns and rebuild the body. And involving yogasans to permit proper intake of food and to improve the lungs, digestive tract and circulatory program.
Regular fasting once weekly, an occasional enema, breathing workouts and a correct position go a long way in treating asthma.
- In severe attack, it tends to destroy appetite so do not force the patient to eat. The patient should fast till the attack is over. However can take a cup of warm water or lemon juice with honey every two hours and thereafter resort to fruit juice diet to nourish the system and eliminate the toxins. Gradually, solid foods can be included. An enema taken at that time will be very beneficial.
- During the attack massage chest with mustard oil mixed with little camphor. This will loosen up phlegm and ease breathing. Also inhale steam from the boiling water mixed with caraway seeds (ajwain). It helps to dilate the bronchial passage.
- Take steam bath, hot foot bath, hot hip bath and sun bath. This will stimulate the skin and relieve congested lungs.
- Apply mud-packs to the abdomen which will relieve the fermentation caused by undigested food and will promote intestinal peristalsis.
- Honey is considered highly beneficial in the treatment of asthma. Eat honey or take either in milk or water. It thins accumulated mucous and helps to eliminate from the respiratory passages. It also prevents the production of mucous in future. One year old honey is recommended for respiratory disease.
- Take garlic cloves boiled in 30 gms of milk daily as a cure for early stage of asthma.
- Turmeric is regarded as an effective remedy for bronchial asthma. Take a teaspoon of turmeric powder boiled in a glass of milk two or three time daily. It acts best when taken on an empty stomach.
- A steam inhalation of eucalyptus or lavender essential oils can be taken during an attack and immediately afterwards to ease panic and help open airways.
- Take one tsp fresh ginger juice mixed with a cup of fenugreek decoction and honey to taste. This mixture acts as a excellent expectorant.
- Take 2/3 glass of carrot juice and 1/3 glass of spinach juice thrice a day.
- Take 1/4 cup of onion juice, add 1 teaspoon honey and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper and drink; which will relieve congestion and alleviate breathlessness and is effective for immediate relief of asthma.
- Eat less than your capacity. Eat slowly and chew food properly.
- Take last meal preferably before sunset or at least two hours before going to bed.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, but avoid taking water or any liquid with meals.
- Do breathing exercise.
- Use dust mite protectors and an air purifier in home.
- Avoid foods which tend to produce phlegm such as rice, sugar, lentils, curd, fried and difficult to digest foods.
- Avoid dusty places or the things that make symptoms worse, such as cigarette smoke or allergens (triggers).
- Avoid most dairy products, including all cheeses.
- Avoid fermented foods.
- Avoid stress.
- Chest pain, swollen feet and profuse sweating along with difficult breathing.
- History of heart problems.