PRAYERS FOR PARENTS DESIRING GODLY SPOUSE FOR THEIR CHILDREN
• Prayers for parents who want their children to marry godly husbands and wives.
A concerned parent like Abraham would not undermine the importance of seeking the face of the Lord to know the God- chosen life partner for his son. The person your child marries could determine his eternal destiny!
Genesis 18:19: “For I know him that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment ;that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken.”
In the passage God says that he chose Abraham because he knew that Abraham would bring up his children in the right way. He would train them in the way of the Lord. This would ensure that the promise of God to Abraham would be fulfilled, i.e. if his children had not walked in the ways of God, that would have been the end of the Abrahamic covenant since God cannot bless those that do not follow him.
When it was time for Isaac to get married, Abraham sent his servants Eleazar to his country with strict instruction to get a wife for his son. He knew God hated unequal yoke of marriage with unbelievers. Till today, that is the stand of God.
These prayer points are designed for parents who love God and want his will for their children in marriage.
Matt. 7:7: Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Josh. 24:15: And it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which you fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorities, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Isa. 54:13: And all they children shall be taught of the LORD, and great shall be the peace of thy children.
Isa. 54:17: No weapon that is formed against thee shall proper, and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
Isa. 49:25: But thus saith the LORD, even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered; for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save they children.
• PRAISE WORSHIP
1. Thank God because he alone is the perfect matchmaker.
2. Lord, release the man/woman you have preordained as my daughter’s/son’s husbands/wife
3. Lord, cause it to happen that the divine match will come forth soon.
4. Lord, let it be a person who loves you wholeheartedly.
5. Lord, establish their home in accordance with the scriptures (Read Eph. 5:20-28)
6. Father, let all satanic barriers keeping them from meeting be dissolved, in the name of Jesus.
7. Lord, send forth your warring angels to battle on their behalf.
8. Lord, I believe you have created my daughter/son for a special man/ woman God. Bring it to pass, in Jesus’ name.
9. I stand in the gap and call him/her out of obscurity into his/wife life, in the name of Jesus.
10. I reject the provision of counterfeit spouse by the enemy, in the name of Jesus.
11. I cut off the flow of any inherited martial problems into the life of my children, in the name of Jesus.
12. Let patience reign in the life of . . . (mention the name of the person) until the right person comes, in the name of Jesus.
13. Father in the name of Jesus, just Abraham sent his servant to find his son, Isaac, a wife, send the Holy Spirit to bring my son’s/daughter’s future wife/husband to him/her
14. Thank the Lord for the answer.